Pretend for a second that your organization is hiring a new administrator – a library director, assistant/deputy director, or something similar. What 2.0 questions might you ask? Here’s a list of 10 questions from the Logic+Emotion blog to ask a marketing agency executive:
- Do you read blogs. Which ones?
- Do you have a personal blog? What’s it about?
- Do you participate in at least one social network? Which one?
- Have you ever uploaded a video online? What did you use to do it?
- What’s your favorite search engine. Why?
- Have you ever used an online classified service like craigslist?
- Besides making phone callsâ€”how else do you use your mobile phone?
- Have you ever registered a domain name?
- Do you use social bookmarks or tagging?
- Do you use a feed reader of some sort? Which one? Why?
The author goes on to explain: “You are looking for a sense of understanding that only comes with
experiencing something for yourself … It’s not important
to have done everything in this listâ€”but it’s critical to have done
SOME of it.” The goal is to find a basic level of understanding, to find (in this case) a marketing executive that gets new media, new media outlets, and understands how customers digitally interact.
Now – think back to that library administrator. How might he/she answer these questions? Better yet – HOW would you want these questions answered?
Something to think about…