I’m sitting in the Chicago O’Hare (thanks, Steve) Airport, waiting for my flight to Washington DC. I’m having an awesome trip so far!
- Good drive through the country this morning while headed to the airport
- Seeing the Expedia.com Cafe at KCI – sorta funny!
- Having Soul Coughing’s Is Chicago, Is Not Chicago start playing while landing at the Chicago airport – how cool is that?
OK, I can add some bad stuff now…
- Remember to print out a map of the hotel before you get off the Metro and start looking around, thinking “I wonder where my hotel is?” I did get a good workout, however – while walking around a huge mile or so with my luggage – the wrong way. And up hill.
- A Kansas City International Airport parking ticket WILL NOT get you on the Metro. No matter how many times you try.
Checked out the conference hotel – it takes me 35 minutes to get from the Iwo Jima Quality Inn to the Hilton. Some walking and a Metro transfer involved. But not bad at all. And hey – the Quality Inn has FREE wireless internet in each room. Dude.
More to come – I’m really looking forward to the conference – hanging out with friends, speaking about topics I care about, and learning lots of cool stuff… I can’t wait!