Update: changing the link to Tim Yang’s wiki about “things you can do with RSS.” There’s now 39 things you can do with RSS, and I’ll bet that list continues to grow. Check it out!
Found this on Tim Yang’s Geek Blog: 15 things you can do with RSS (it was supposed to be 10, but I got carried away).
His list of 15 things includes some fun stuff like ebay notifications, weather reports, ego feeds, and software update notifications.
What’s missing in this list would be our library-specific stuff, like:
16. RSS feeds from the library catalog – searches to watch, favorite subject headings, favorite authors, new books, etc.
17. RSS feeds from library databases – searches to watch, etc.
18. That “what I have checked out” thing…
19. Library Calendar of Events feed
20. RSS feed of area happenings, coming from the library’s website
Can you think of other useful feeds?