In this article, two MD types argue that writing a blog is good for your brain. Why?
1. Blogs can promote critical and analytical thinking.
2. Blogging can be a powerful promoter of creative, intuitive, and associational thinking.
3. Blogs promote analogical thinking.
4. Blogging is a powerful medium for increasing access and exposure to quality information.
5. Blogging combines the best of solitary reflection and social interaction.
So. since I blog AND email (since email lowers IQ), it’ll all even out in the end, right?
PS – for a fun discussion of the silliness of the whole “email lowers IQ” study, check this out.