I found these via the Working Smart blog. It’s a nicely done set of blogging guidelines for the blogger’s company (Thomas Nelson Publishers). The Guidelines walk an employee through the blogging process from start to finish – very cool.
You should definitely go read them if interested, but here are the high points:
- Start with a blogging service (like blogger, livejournal, etc).
- Write as yourself (ie., use your real name, don’t be anonymous, etc).
- Own your content (make sure readers know this is your personal blog, and not the companies blog).
- Write Relevant. Write Often.
- Advertise – if you wish.
- Be nice.
- Keep secrets (no sensitive, confidential, proprietary, etc info).
- Respect copyrights.
- Obey the law.
- Remember the Handbook (the company policy handbook).
Now – I’ll bet someone can adapt this simple but useful format for a library!