I’ve been getting ready for my first Web 2.0 presentation – should be fun! I thought others might be interested in my version… so here’s what I plan to do:
- Introduce the concept of Web 2.0 – definitions and descriptions
- Link it to Library 2.0, showing other links as well (ie., Law 2.0, media 2.0, etc) – just so attendees know they’re not alone in this learning curve!
- Explain RSS, RSS Feed Readers, and Blogs in a chunk – This provides a good intro to many of the essential elements of Web 2.0 – interactivity and feeds.
- Playtime – post in a blog, subscribe to it in bloglines, make a comment…
- Next chunk – Tagging, Flickr, and Bookmark Managers
- Playtime – look at my Flickr account, tag the photo I’ll take of them with my Treo, explore bookmark managers…
- Wikis – Define and explore – I’ll have everyone play around in a pbwiki.
- IM – define and explore – I might even IM someone using Meebo, so be warned anyone who’s on my buddy list!
- Last chunk – podcasting and videocasting – describe and explore. Possibly watch a videocast (if it downloads easily in the lab)
- Answer the “why would a library want to do these things” questions, and provide some easy “first steps.”
And, if you’re REALLY interested… here’s a PDF version of my Powerpoint presentation. Feel free to download it, use it, “borrow” the good bits (I certainly borrowed from others), etc. And – I’d love some feedback on it – let me know what you think!