Anyway… here’s a list of links to some great articles on different aspects of techies and non-techies getting along:
- How to help someone use a computer – Great ideas for techies on how to be nice, includes a good list of “things to tell yourself” when helping a non-techie with a problem.
- 13 Tips on How to Tech-talk to Non-techies – tips on how to write for non-techies
- Seven Tips for Talking with Nontechnical People – How to get your ideas understood by non-techies
- Don’t explain an idea to a deer in headlights – provides some advice on communicating complex technical concepts to nontechnical folks
- Getting Technical – Tips for librarian non-techies on getting a little more technical