Keynote speaker – J. A. Jance, an author of mystery books!
- She talked about her life and why she started writing books
- She’s terribly bitter about her first husband…
- Her first PC was a dual-floppy Eagle…
- She gets immediate feedback from her readers because of the web
- In her book, The Edge of Evil, the main character starts a blog
- Talked about a nasty email she received – she actually used it in her book as a blog comment… that other people discussed…
- Oh my goodness… she is singing to us!
Interesting… this is a normal author talk. I think the idea was that she’d talk more about getting into blogging, why her character started a blog, etc… but no – this was a normal author talk.
I didn’t like this keynote – she shared alot about her nasty ex-husband (did I mention she’s bitter?), she sang a song, and told us where her ideas for writing come from.
Then again, she received a standing ovation, so maybe it was just me.