Paul Pival and Meredith Farkas
http://paulandmeredith.pbwiki.com – their presentation
What’s wrong with traditional subject pages?
- not often updated
- not easy to add content if you don’t know html
- no academic field is static, so perhaps a static web page isn’t the best tool for a subject guide
- lives elsewhere, but is pulled onto the page
- updated as content is updated elsewhere
- used to write functions for HTML pages that one could not do with HTML alone
What can you do with RSS on a subject page?
- lots of cool stuff…
Seattle Public – rss in their catalog…