Just an FYI – the Education Institute in Canada has their January – April 2007 course calendar online. They always offer a nice variety of library-related courses, teleconferences, and webcasts. Take a peek below at January’s calendar – lots of good stuff there (and yes, I’m teaching one of the classes)!
One more FYI – Cheryl Stenstrom’s two online courses were recently added. Go read about them and register if interested. I’m told that Cheryl has lots of experience teaching online and is a great instructor, so they’d be good classes to check out.
- Jan 8 – ONLINE COURSE – Basics of Web Site Management – David Lee King
- Jan 9 – WEBCAST – Tech Tuesdays: State of the Art: Federated Searching – Jeff Wisniewski and Frank Cervone
- Jan 10 – TELECONFERENCE – Les habiletés de leadership et leur expression dans les milieux d’information – France Bouthillier
- Jan 11 – WEBCAST – Wikis in Teaching and Learning – Doug Achterman
- Jan 15 – ONLINE COURSE – Supervisory Skills for Library Staff – Cheryl Stenstrom
- Jan 17 – TELECONFERENCE: Annual Reports: How to Do Them Right! – Ken Haycock
- Jan 22 – ONLINE COURSE: Consumer Health and Medical Resources on the Web – Susan Murray
- Jan 23 – WEBCAST: The Rebirth of the Canadian Encyclopedia – Claire Citeau
- Jan 24 – TELECONFERENCE: Strategic Planning for the Information/Learning Commons – Don Beagle
- Jan 24 – WEBCAST – Recherche: sites, trucs et astuces – Julie Rodrigue and Isabelle Moreau
- Jan 25 – TELECONFERENCE – Research ethics: An overview of issues and policies – Lisa M. Given
- Jan 29 – TELECONFERENCE – Planning a Successful Genealogy Trip – Judith Argent
- Jan 29 – ONLINE COURSE – Library Services to Persons with Disabilities – Cheryl Stenstrom
- Jan 31 – TORONTO – Smooth Talk: Turn Confrontation into Cooperation – Goldie Newman