Rohit Bhargava, author of the Influential Marketing Blog, has noticed library 2.0. He provides a list of why he believes in the idea of library2.0:
- Everyone is a content creator and creating content is easier than ever.
- A new wealth of content online means finding things is more difficult.
- Algorithms and automated methods of search are no longer adequate.
- People are relying on each other to catalogue information and make search better.
- The professionals dedicating to indexing content, trying new search
tools and generally helping connect people to information are the
Readers – this is what someone outside our profession thinks of libraries, librarians, and library 2.0! Much of this is what we generally say to each other – just refreshing to see us getting noticed outside the building.