Christmas candy, anyone? Merry Christmas!
Archives for 2008
THE 99 THINGS MEME
Things youâ€™ve already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you havenâ€™t done and donâ€™t want to – leave in plain font
1. Started your own blog. (uh, yeah… at least 6 of them at different times)
2. Slept under the stars. (boy scouts)
3. Played in a band. (I’m a closet rockstar)
4. Visited Hawaii. (twice!)
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. (I give to charity – but want to be responsible, too)
7. Been to Disneyland/world.
8. Climbed a mountain.
9. Held a praying mantis. (ick – a bug!)
10. Sang a solo. (see #3 above)
11. Bungee jumped. (I am terrified of heights)
12. Visited Paris.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. (well, if music counts, anyway)
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning. (like anyone would want to do this)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. (I’d love to SEE it…)
18. Grown your own vegetables.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked.
23. Taken a sick day when youâ€™re not ill. (long, long time ago)
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping. (I’d want to do this why?)
27. Run a marathon. (I used to jog – just not a marathon)
28. Ridden a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run. (and I played little league, too :-(Â )
32. Been on a cruise.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language. (if HTML in 1995 counts)
37.Had enough money to be truly satisfied. (money doesn’t satisfy)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing. (see #11)
40. Seen Michelangeloâ€™s David in person.
41. Sung Karaoke.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance. (car wreck when I was a kid – we survived)
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing. (fonder of eating than catching)
49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater.
55. Been in a movie. (well… what counts as “movie,” exactly?)
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business. (freelance musician in the 1990s… and I suppose my speaking/writing/blogging thing now.)
58. Taken a martial arts class (Jackie Chan watch out!)
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen. (wanting to do more of this, actually)
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies. (uhm … no …)
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason. (from my kids – they picked them from the neighbor’s yard, but it’s the thought that counts)
64. Donated blood.
65. Gone sky diving. (see #11 again)
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a check.
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. (a way-cool flintlock pistol that my son plays with now – the perfect pirate accessory)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job. (a one-night job. Cold-call telemarketing. I hated it, and apparently the feeling was mutual)
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London. (a goal of mine is to visit England)
77. Broken a bone. (collarbone and pinky – different times)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book. (yippie!)
81. Visited the Vatican. (ancient cathedrals did a great job of visually connecting people with God, imo)
82. Bought a brand new car. (nah – 2-4 year old car is half the price with fewer problems)
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
85. Read the entire Bible. (via parts and pieces over the years. I think so, anyway)
86. Visited the White House. (and saw Nancy Reagan sitting in a garden, to boot)
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. (see #48)
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someoneâ€™s life. (glad to do it if needed, gladder to have never had the opportunity)
90. Sat on a jury. (not on my to do list)
91. Met someone famous. (Marie Osmond. Also sacked Tricia Yearwood’s groceries once)
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby. (I have 3 kids, but my wife did this part much better than I could ever do)
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee.
Book News and The Tech Static recently mentioned my book, Designing the Digital Experience – cool! Book News said the book is “for web developers who are looking to enhance the customer’s experience with ordering and browsing online, stressing the fact that Internet consumers are looking for a pleasant and positive shopping environment as well as bargains.”
And The Tech Static wrote a great review. They said the book “is an entertaining introduction to web design, usability, and Web 2.0 for the beginner, as well as a stimulus for those with previous experience.”
Go read both – then buy lots of the books… they make great stocking stuffers 🙂
Hey, I’m in Humboldt, KS, teaching web 2.0 and emerging trends to some cool librarians!