Some of you might have noticed I’ve been dropping very vague hints on this blog about my library’s website redesign… well, no more vagueness! In fact – how about checking it out for yourselves? Go to webdev.tscpl.org and and see what my web team has been busy creating.
A few asides:
- If something doesn’t work, most likely we are still working on it – we’re mostly done, but it’s still a work-in-progress at this point
- We do our “soft launch” on March 17
- We “go live” officially on March 31
Feel free to check it out, let me know what you like/don’t like, etc! Some things I’m real excited about:
- RSS Everywhere. Think AADL – we are blog-based, for lack of a better term. You can subscribe to the whole site via RSS, or parts and pieces of it (i.e., if you just want to subscribe to the Business & Investments Guide, you can).
- Content is provided by library staff – more on this later, but we consider our Digital Branch to be an actual branch… and our library staff is providing content, answering comments, creating resources, etc.
- We’re trying to be very community focused – and we’re showing that via open commenting on the site, our IM Meebo widget prominently displayed, and via RSS feeds and multimedia (more photos and videos).
- Modern visual design and a new logo for the library
And this is just phase one – we are starting to plan future phases right now! That’s all I can think of at the moment… 2008 should be a wild ride for us!