tag – libcampks08
Potential Questions to Discuss:
– what do you want to talk about? Find out about? Discuss?
– what are the biggest challenges facing your team/institution?
– staff buy-in – getting folks to market “in the trenches” with patrons/users
– what are your biggest assets?
– what do you wish you had time/money/energy resources to do?
– range of different marketing strategies, media (online, print, face to face, web 2.0)
– “Branding” – getting our brand established with Them
– Get people to your website, and market with your website (once they’re there)
Stuff we talked about:
– they send out new materials list via email to faculty
– verbal too
– teachers think they know what the library is all about (but they don’t really)
– getting materials to match assignments is a challenge
– Dewey is a problem
– how do you get to the student if they don’t enter the library?
– people are using Topeka and JoCo’s websites to find stuff for their students
– person to person helps – new student orientations as one idea
– buddy name sticker to stick on folders
– instead of Ask a Librarian, personalize it – ie., Ask Alan.
– hard to get from old logo/branding to the new one
– how do you get staff to… realize that branding the library is important
– making stuff look good:
– do it for them, make it easy
– show them the parts they DO need to worry about (ie., content, not design)
– tell them they must do it!
– talked about Topeka’s Travel Neighborhood concept
– services are hidden… internal signage, ILL confusion
– one on one teaching is best – can turn the student into an evangelist
– there will be a link to other notes and links…
Technorati Tags: libcampks08