Speakers: Paula Alston, Sean O’Connell, Jody Treadway
- a warm body to fill the vacant position
- if you have reservations, don’t hire that person
warning danger avoid
- the whinny candidate
- the helpless candidate
- the candidate who has to be talked into taking the job
- the candidate who has conditions on taking the job
- the candidate who doesn’t commit to pre-employment deadlines
most important – would you hire this person again?
Really use the probationary period
Application – if they are careless on the application, they might be careless in their job
Interview questions – answer those yourself beforehand, then during interview, you can more accurately look for answers you want
Most people will fire themselves – they’ll either do something they know will get them fired, or they’ll resign. How odd!