Some final thoughts on my Ford Flex experience (then back to normal for this blog):
- Today’s video shows the “packability” of the car. A family of five fit in nicely, luggage included.
- Just checked my gas mileage. From Branson back to Topeka, I surprisingly got 24 mpg, even though I drove through the Ozarks. That’s pretty decent for the Flex.
- Hills – my parents live on the side of a small mountain (or a large hill – it IS the Ozarks, after all). The Flex, even when put in the “hill” setting, had to work to climb up those hills, even on the highways.
- I’m tall – the headrest was never in the right place for me. I figured out how to get around it by adjusting the seatback so my head didn’t touch the headrest. Shorter people won’t have this problem, I’m thinking.
- And just a thought – this is 2009. Ford built a new car. Why isn’t it a hybrid?
All that said, my family and I had fun driving the Flex! Thanks to Ford and the Social Media Group for the experience.