Great tips from the Nonprofit Tech 2.0 blog on avoiding social media burnout (some of which I could use, boy howdy). The tips are:
- Don’t update your organization’s profiles on the weekend.
- Pick a time to quit in the evening and stick to it.
- Pick one social networking profile and keep it entirely for fun and your personal life.
- Sometimes just leave the smartphone at home.
- Take time for lunch.
- Breathe, exercise, and treat yourself. Seriously.
- Make time to connect with friends… in person or over the phone!
- Ignore, block, and delete grumpy, mean people.
- Stay focused on the Good.
- Make sure your work is appreciated by the higher ups in your organization.
Go read the whole article – lots more explanation for each point! Here are a couple more articles on burnout for those interested:
- How to Avoid Social Media Burnout
- Social Media Burnout
- Are You Flirting with Burnout and Disaster?
- How to Deal with Burnout