Wanted to make sure you know about this – on November 2, I’ll be leading an ALA Techsource webinar on Facebook. It’s titled Facebook in the Library: Enhancing Services and Engaging Users.
And here’s the blurb about it:
Around 154 million Americans—51 percent of the population—are now using Facebook, according to a recent study by Edison Research. How effectively are you using this direct, free means of communication to reach out to your library’s patrons and users? Digital branch and social networking innovator David Lee King will share what he’s learned from years of experience and experiments with the Topeka and Shawnee County’s Facebook page. He will answer your questions and share time-saving tips on getting the most out of using Facebook.
- Fundamentals for setting up and managing your Facebook page
- The difference between a personal Facebook profile and an organizational Facebook page
- Planning content for your library Facebook page
- How to engage the library’s Facebook fans
- How to market your library through a Facebook page
You’ll need to register for this event, but it should be a good one if you are interested in expanding your library’s Facebook presence!