I thought it might be useful to make a list of librarian-related podcasts, because there are a goodly handful of them at the moment, and they are all pretty useful.
These aren’t podcasts done by local libraries, for their local customers. Instead, these podcasts are all focused on us librarians.
And I’m using “podcast” loosely in my list – it includes audio-only podcasts, call-in live shows (that then turn into downloadable audio podcasts after the fact), and video shows.
List of Librarian Podcasts (the first two swiped from Bobbi’s post):
- Whatever Mathers: Creative conversations with host Amy Mather and a revolving cast of surprise guests.
- Circulating Ideas: the Librarian Interview Podcast: Interviews with librarians.
- NCompass Live, from the Nebraska Library Commission: focus on library trends.
- This Week in Libraries: Eric and Jaap from the Netherlands host a weekly video show with a bunch of interesting guests, usually talking about the future of libraries. Definitely international in scope.
- T is for Training: call-in live show/podcast focused on training
- Games in Libraries: A podcast about Games, Gaming, and Gamers in Libraries (sporadic at the moment)
- Adventures in Library Instruction: A monthly podcast by and for library information literacy instructors and teaching librarians. The show includes features, interviews and discussion about teaching in libraries.
- LibPunk: Live call-in show/podcast focused on hot topics in libraryland
Additions from the comments (some other really cool-sounding podcasts):
- The Harvard Library Innovation Laboratory podcast
- The WGIL Room – Issues in library instruction, information literacy and emerging technology
- Dquarium Bibliotech – Libraries have always been the backbone of any information society. Bibliotech is an audio podcast that discusses all things digital technology at our libraries.
- George and Joan, Thinking Out Loud – as in George Needham, Library Strategist, and Joan Frye Williams, Library Futurist.
So – what am I missing in this list? Know of any other podcasts focused on the library/information professional industry? Let’s list them here. And make sure to listen/watch/call-in – give them a try, and see if you get something out of them!