I’m reading The Secrets of Facilitation: The S.M.A.R.T. Guide to Getting Results with Groups by Michael Wilkinson (all us managers at the library are reading it right now).
I just read about the 5 P’s of Preparation – talking about planning for a meeting (on page 53). But I realized as I was reading the 5 P’s that they also work pretty well for planning and discussing a technology project.
So – here are my modified 5 P’s of Techie Project Planning:
- Purpose – what are the key objectives, why are we building/redesigning this?
- Product – what’s the goal? What’s the end result? How will we know we were successful?
- Participants – who needs to be involved? Who are we building this for?
- Probable issues – are there any concerns? Any roadblocks or challenges in our way? How can we prevent those?
- Process – What steps do we need to take to meet our goals?
What steps do you use when planning a technology or web project? Do they look similar to this? Let us know in the comments!
Photo by Bigstock