I have been using Twitter’s iPhone app for iPhone tweeting … but since their recent update, the app hasn’t worked well for me. I just tested it – it took 5-6 seconds to open, then when I clicked on Connect, it took about 1 minute to actually show me any tweet replies. Every page of the app has been irritating that way.
So a couple nights ago, I asked some Twitter peeps what their favorite iPhone Twitter apps were … and received some great responses, including:
- Tweetbot – this is the one I settled on for now. Why? The layout works for me, and Tweetbot does one thing I’ve wanted for awhile – have the main screen default to a list (see the accompanying screenshot) instead of the full timeline. I rarely follow the timeline feed. Instead, I created a shorter list of people I want to follow (ok – actually a few different lists), then follow that list. Makes twitter much easier to handle.
- Echofon – I have used this early on. It’s still a really nice Twitter app.
- Hootsuite for iPhone – I have this, but haven’t used it much. As far as I can tell, there is no Push setting. So, to see new Twitter replies using Hootsuite, you would need to open up Hootsuite and refresh to see if you received anything new (rather than just letting the Twitter app handle this via a Push). Not useful to me!
- Osfoora – heard of it, never used it.
- Twitter – the app made by Twitter that I just complained about…
- Seesmic – never used the iPhone app.
- Tweetdeck – I have it, but it’s been pretty buggy for me so I rarely use the iPhone version.
- Tweetings – never heard of it.
- … and the Twitter app for android, with a smiley face attached. I’m sure it’s dandy for all you Android users
Is your Twitter app working for you? If not, try out one of these, and share what you like/don’t like about them!