Great post by Jonathan Cooper over on the Thesis Statement blog – 7 Critical Ways to Turn Readers Into Die-Hard Fans.
We’re library workers – we get that to succeed, we need to connect with our readers, and we know how to do that in the print world pretty well. How about connecting with your library blog readers?
Here’s Jonathan’s 7 ideas:
- Respond to every comment.
- Comment on your readers blogs
- Find influential readers
- Send your readers a quick “thank you” email
- Reader Hall of Fame (or a “reader of the month” mention. Cool thought!)
- Surprise your readers
- Give away free stuff (ok, we sorta kinda already do that, don’t we?)
Go read the rest of Jonathan’s blog post to get the details. While you’re reading it, think about this – these ideas work for your Twitter and Facebook accounts, too. Give them a try!
image by Bigstock