Twitter recently posted an interesting article on their blog – What fuels a Tweet’s engagement? Good read!
They did a study of over 2 million tweets, and discovered that there are a few simple things that help increase Retweets. These include:
- Adding a photo – averaged a 35% boost in Retweets
- Adding a video – averaged a 28% boost in Retweets
- Including a quote – averaged a 19% boost in Retweets
- Including a number, of all things – averaged a 17% bump in Retweets
- Including a hashtag – averaged a 16% boost in Retweets
In the world of Twitter, Retweets = engagement with your content. People find it interesting, so they share it with their friends via a Retweet. So make sure to walk around your library once in awhile, take a smartphone photo, and include that photo with your tweet (or a video, quote, number, or hashtag).
Then see what happens!
Twitter logo from Twitter