Who’s connecting with us? Our Twitter followers tend more towards marketers, advertisers, start-up business types, the “activist/we get stuff done” types in town, the 20-40 year old business up-and-comers, and a lot of media types (broadcast, newspaper, and some radio journalists). And a bunch of young geeks.
We are focusing on this type of content:
- What’s interesting (to the library) right now and why?
- Library “breaking news”
- No big sell â€“ share what the library finds interesting
- Be yourself, be casual, but at the same time remember you represent the library
- Friend our customers and local businesses
- In general, try for friendly and helpful, but not pushy.
Posting schedule: We post multiple times a day, every day. We have seven staff members assigned, one on each day. I’m the floater/substitute for when people are sick, on vacation, etc. And I monitor activity, answer the harder questions, and make sure we’re on-target.
How will we know if we succeed? I will measure growth and engagement via the new-fangled Twitter analytics!
That’s our plan. What’s your organization’s Twitter strategy?
Pic by Jeff Turner