How do you thank your organization’s Facebook Fans? Here’s howÂ Tinley Park Public Library thanks theirs – with a photo of staff, giving a thumbs up and saying thanks!
Tinley’s staff wanted a way to say “thank you” to their growing Facebook fan base on their library’s Facebook Page. They had a couple of options that I knew about (they had asked for suggestions):
- They could keep track of new fans, and when they hit 1000, they could thank that newest fan (requires some finagling of Facebook Insights to do this).
- They could do something a little more general in nature, and thank everyone.
They chose to thank everyone in a really fun way – by posting a photo of themselves, saying “thanks” to their fans.Â How cool is that?
What’s good about this?
- It’s easy and cheap
- it’s fun and lighthearted, yet authentic
- it’s visual – it communicates the message loud and clear
- it puts a face to the organization, and to the real people behind the Facebook Page
- It shows that face2face connection with customers that’s so important in organization-to-customer social media relationships
Great job, Tinley Park! You guys ROCK!