Here’s a list of some of my most popular content from 2011, including blog posts, videos, photos, and presentations. I hope you enjoy poking through this list, and more importantly, following along – reading, watching, viewing, etc – in 2012!
Most Popular Blog Posts of 2011:
- 10 Tips to do Presentations Like Me: The Whole List
- Setting up a Google Plus Page for your Library is Easy
- No One Starts at Your Website
- What’s Up with the Mean People?
- Doing a Presentation with the iPad
- Enjoying my iPad2!
- Google Plus – Should you and your Library be there?
- Give Away some Ebooks
- Let’s Play Rent-A-Book!
- Final Cut Pro X video tutorials
Most Popular Videos of 2011:
- i-microphone for the iphone – the Edutige EIM-001 (embedded below) – me testing out an iPhone microphone. Viewed 5574 times and counting, mainly because the US distributor put a link to my video on their website.
- Testing out my RØDE VideoMic Pro – me testing out another microphone. Viewed 2617 times – proper use of keywords put my video in the first page of hits for “RØDE VideoMic Pro.”
- Morphwiz – an iPad Music Creation App – me playing with an iPad synthesizer. Viewed 2134 times. Proper use of keywords and tags is the culprit again – this video appears in the first page of hits for “Morphwiz.”
- OK, and my most popular video ever – Learning Blues Harp – viewed 63,469 times since 2007. Embarrassingly enough, I’m pretty certain it gets hit so much (and then gets some nasty comments) is because of my poor use of keywords! When I titled the video “Learning Blues harp,” I really meant “I’m just starting to learn blues harp.” Everyone else apparently clicks on the video, thinking “I’m going to learn HOW TO PLAY blues harp from an expert!” Oops.
Most Popular Presentation of 2011:
- Seriously Social – Leveraging Social Media: Focus on Facebook – viewed 4686 times on Slideshare (and well attended a couple of times, too).
Most popular photos of 2011:
From Flickr: viewed 289 times…
… and my personal favorite from 2011 in Flickr – my family. Viewed only 16 times, which is actually sorta amazing:
And my most popular pic in Instagram from 2011 (I’m davidleeking on instagram – Instagram is VERY COOL):
Here’s to a great 2011, and to an even better 2012!