What do you carry around every day? I just reassessed what’s in my bag … because I purchased a new one.
I’ve been an avid fan of Timbuk2 bags, and have owned three of them. The first two lasted a couple of years, and then the strap broke on the first one, and the second one developed a lovely little hole.
The third one’s been fine, but I recently changed from a 15″ laptop to a 13″ laptop … and the 13″ is MUCH smaller. So I decided to treat myself to a new laptop bag.
This time, I decided to try another bag. I’ve heard good things about Tom Bihn bags, so I bought the Tom Bihn Ristretto bag, made for 13″ laptops. Short story on this bag: I had been eying the olive bag, but when I finally went to purchase it, they didn’t have any more olive bags listed. So I emailed customer service and asked if there happened to be any more lying around the office (and really didn’t expect to hear back from them).
Guess what? Someone from the company promptly emailed back and said I was in luck – there was ONE more olive bag, and she’d hold it for me! So I’m pretty sure I have the LAST Olive Ristretto bag :-). Great customer service from Tom Bihn (and thanks Hannah)!
The smaller size of my new bag made me reassess what I was carrying around. I realized I was carrying around a lot of stuff I really didn’t need to be carrying. And it’s now cleaned out.
So what am I carrying now? Here’s a list (the photo in this post is my stuff, too):
- 13” macbook pro, mouse and power cable
- iPhone cable, iPhone battery charger, earbuds
- extra mouse batteries and charger
- business cards in black case
- USB thumb drive
- reading glasses
- pens & pencils
- Some presenter stuff: macbook VGA adapter & Kensington Wireless Presenter pointer
- bandaid and Advil
- Work stuff: keys & work door badge
- Video stuff: Photojojo iPhone camera lenses, lapel microphone, Glif iPhone holder & handgrip
- and a buckeye from my grandpa
So … what’s in your bag? Please share!