Wanted to make sure you know about this – on November 2, I’ll be leading an ALA Techsource webinar on Facebook.Â It’s titled Facebook in the Library: Enhancing Services and Engaging Users.
And here’s the blurb about it:
Around 154 million Americansâ€”51 percent of the populationâ€”are now using Facebook, according to a recent study by Edison Research. How effectively are you using this direct, free means of communication to reach out to your libraryâ€™s patrons and users? Digital branch and social networking innovator David Lee King will share what heâ€™s learned from years of experience and experiments with the Topeka and Shawnee Countyâ€™s Facebook page. He will answer your questions and share time-saving tips on getting the most out of using Facebook.
- Fundamentals for setting up and managing your Facebook page
- The difference between a personal Facebook profile and an organizational Facebook page
- Planning content for your library Facebook page
- How to engage the libraryâ€™s Facebook fans
- How to market your library through a Facebook page
You’ll need to register for this event, but it should be a good one if you are interested in expanding your library’s Facebook presence!