- provide leadership and vision for â€œtransformative technologiesâ€ in the provision of library resources and services
- Creates communication venues and distributes content via digital tools such as blogs and wikis for the library system website
- Develops and delivers library instruction through podcasts and multimedia webcasts
- promotes community via new technologies within the library and virtually via IM and other emerging communication mechanisms
- enhances the WSU Library System web presence with current content and methods for distribution such as RSS
- investigates and implements new technologies that may enhance the Library System’s web presence
- provides training and support for other librarians on new technologies (this is gonna be a big one, I think)
And some of the qualifications:
- working knowledge of blogs, wikis, online gaming environments, podcasting, RSS and other Web-related technologies
Just… wow. What a completely interesting job! I think hiring one person to tackle Library 2.0 is certainly one way to do it. Hopefully, the library ALSO plans to work on their mission, their strategy and goals – otherwise, one person won’t make much of a dent.
Either way – should be a fun time for the person who gets the job.