I recently saw this post at problogger.net about strategies for growing community on your blog, and thought the suggestions were great. Here are the 7 strategies mentioned:
- Write in a conversational voice. I usually call this “talk like you type.”
- Invite interaction. That means you need to ask people what they think!
- Consider a dedicated community area. This can be accomplished by creating a forum or a Facebook Group, for example.
- Use interactive and accessible mediums. Blogs that allow comments, Google Plus hangouts, etc.
- Run projects and challenges. These are basically tricky ways to jumpstart conversations and interaction. Examples include a 31 Days to a better â€¦” set of posts, or a Photo a Day meme.
- Real life events. talk about what’s actually happening in your community. Relate it back to your library.
- Put your readers in the spotlight. Use guest posts, link to them on social media discussions, comment on their blogs, etc.
I’m curious – anyone do any of these? Which ones are the most useful in your library or blog?
Pic byÂ Chiot’s Run