See the Youtube version in HD
Going to ALA 2010 in Washington, D. C.? If so, please consider participating in the BIGWIG Showcase! What is the BIGWIG Showcase? It’s a fun, highly interactive way to learn about a lot of topics at once! Here’s a list of the topics for this year’s Showcase:
- Libraries MUST Have A New Electronic Content Access and Distribution InfrastructureÂ (Michael Porter)
- User Research on a Shoestring (Erin White and Susan Teague-Rector)
- Information Overload & Personal Information Management (Bohyun Kim)
- iPad and Tablet computers (David Lee King)
- Teaching with Twitter (Ellen Filgo)
- Qrcodes & Mobile Knowledge Networks (Bonnie Rosalen and Kelly Sattler)
And yes – I’m doing one … my presentation is on the Apple iPad and the new breed of tablet PCs that are coming out in the next couple of years. I show off the iPad and provide some examples of how to use one in a library setting.
What do YOU need to do? Two simple things:
- Watch the video, and leave a comment if you want to
- Attend the Showcase! I’ll talk briefly about the iPad, possibly even show one off … then we’ll chat – answer questions, debate the merits of the iPad, etc… and then you’ll be able to rotate off and talk to the other amazing presenters (listed above).
Simple stuff, huh? Make SURE to attend the BIGWIG Showcase – Monday, June 28, 2010 from 10:30am to Noon at the Renaissance Washington Grand BR South/Central. See you there!