You can check it out now at our beta, pre-launch URL – dev.tscpl.org.
Here’s our go-live process:
- Work on the site like crazy (we still have a big list of stuff to do!)
- Today, we posted a head’s up to our customers, and asked them for feedback, too
- We go live on January 29
- Then, we’ll continue to tweak things as we notice them for 2-4 weeks.
- Sometime after the big launch, we plan to have Influx take a peek, to catch stuff we missed.
- Finally, we plan to do some usability testing to catch even MORE stuff we missed.
So, what’s new and different about our redesigned site? Quite a bit:
- We went responsive, so one set of code works on all browsers and devices.
- We have consolidated some of our blogs
- Really worked hard on our links, our navigation, and directing people to the right content
- Modern design, modern web fonts, white space, etc
- On the back-end, we focused on letting WordPress do most of the work, instead of custom-coding. This will make things like sidebar widgets and pages MUCH easier for us to update
And probably much more that I’m missing. So go check it out!