I’m participating in the Trendy Topics online conference this Tuesday – sign up if it looks interesting! Here’s a blurb about it:
TAP Information Services is pleased to announce the sixth in a dynamic monthly series of online workshops librarians can enjoy right at their desktops on hot topics. The latest conference on “Library Websites” is scheduled for Tuesday July 13. Aaron Schmidt, from the District of Columbia Public Library is the keynote speaker. Schmidt will speak on “Improving Library Services by Recognizing That You’re a Designer.” In this talk, he will introduce attendees to the world of user experience design. His talk will contain practical tips for making library websites easier to use and how the same methods can be used for every library service.
Other speakers for this day-long conference include:
- David Lee King on “Creating User Experiences on the Web”
- Karen McBride on “Adding Video and Other Media to your Library Website”
- Chad Mairn on “Creating A Mobile Library Presence”
- Genna Buhr on “Using WordPress.com for an Easy Library Website”
- Laura Solomon on “20 Things You can Do to Make your Library Site Better Right Now”
Registration for librarians for the one day conference is $40; for students $30; and for groups $100.