Wanna move to Kansas? We’re looking for a Web Developer:
“The Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library is seeking a creative, energetic Web Developer to help move our Digital Branch to the next level of sophistication. The successful candidate will help maintain and build-out tscpl.org, help develop specialty sites, build searchable databases, and work on web design.
- A bachelor’s degree plus 2 years experience building websites and web applications, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Web 2.0 mindset and an understanding of Web 2.0 philosophies, including integrating all platforms from podcasts to text messages to handheld devices to social networking platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to seek out and learn new technology
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Ability to work in and contribute to a diverse team environment
- Must be a self-starter
- Experience with web 2.0 APIs including del.icio.us, flickr, Google maps, etc
- Library experience, especially in a public library
- Design experience would be helpful